Junior Tennis Programs
It's fun to play tennis skillfully! Our world-class, all-weather tennis center is the perfect place for junior tennis players to hone their game. Staffed with USPTA-certified and award-winning pros, our center offers a range of lessons, clinics, and camps for juniors of all skill levels.
Summer Junior Tennis Camps
JUNE 5-AUGUST 4
It's fun to play tennis skillfully!
Our junior tennis camps are the best way for children to learn to the sport anywhere in the Tri-Valley area. Led by our team of award-winning, USPTA-certified instructors, kids will develop their tennis and social skills in a fun and friendly – yet competitive – environment.
Junior Tennis Camp:
Digital Learning Advantage (Ages 6-14)
An incredible tennis experience where youth at every level will progress rapidly and learn key tennis fundamentals, this fun outdoor camp instills technical proficiency, tactical understanding, and a lifetime love for the sport. Modern instruction methods encourage enjoyment, quick skill adoption, and tennis mastery.
- • Curriculum designed by award-winning tennis director Marc Moran.
- • Accomplished USPTA-certified staff bring more than 90 years of combined junior tennis coaching experience.
- • Motivational instruction features comprehensive stroke, footwork, and mental development with emphasis on sportsmanship and teamwork.
- • Includes dynamic warm-ups, locomotion and current footwork patterns, tennis skill learning, drilling, and practice of in-game situations.
- • Extensive use of kinesthetic aides, targets, and game-based visual methods to promote development.
- • USTA 10-and-under balls, smaller courts, and lower nets are used for appropriate levels to increase confidence and speed of learning.
- • Advanced digital video training using the Olympic Dartfish system for stroke review and analysis with stop-motion, hi-def technology. Each player receives a personalized digital stroke analysis.
- • Weekly mental toughness activity to build & strengthen the player's game mind.
- • Healthy daily snack and graduation certificate is included.
Junior Tennis Camp: Weekly, June 5-August 4
Tennis Member: $299
Fitness Member/Guest: $339
*ClubSport Camp 12:00-6:00pm add-on available. See the Activities Desk to register.
*Multi-Sibling Discount: Save 5% on tennis camps.
Platinum Tennis Academy:
High-Level Tennis Training (Ages 14-18)
Now with more hours of advanced focused training, these weekly, individually-themed training clinics cover all strokes for rock-solid stroke production, advanced footwork, game strategy, play tactics, and more. Approval from the tennis director is required, as this program is geared for serious players who aspire to or are currently playing at the high school junior varsity or varsity level, or for players with sectional or national ranking.
- • Instruction from Tennis Director and USPTA Elite Pro Marc Moran and his staff, who combine for more than 90 years of coaching experience.
- • Monday/Wednesday: Comprehensive learning and digital video recording. Thursday: Drills. Friday: Match play with review and analysis of digital video.
- • Learn to replicate successful strokes and strategy for singles and doubles.
- • Discover 12 golden footwork moves & technical keys for killer stroke production.
- • Unlock the secrets to successful singles & doubles strategy.
- • Master the RAD strategy, Triangle of Success, & Formula for Mental Toughness.
- • Kinesthetic and visual aids are used extensively, as seeing and feeling are more effective than hearing alone.
- • Weekly progressive fitness regimen with a certified personal trainer covers 32 key exercises that are geared specifically for tennis athletes.
- • Dartfish digital video provides immediate visual feedback to enhance technique with advanced bio-mechanical review and analysis.
- • Mental toughness tip sheets plus weekly match play to simulate the pressure and reaction during competitive situations.
Platinum Tennis Academy: Weekly, June 5-August 4
Tennis Member: $179
Fitness Member/Guest: $199
*Academy t-shirt is included. Program fills quickly due to low coach:student ration.
Sign up at the Tennis Desk or call (925) 463-2822 ext. 507.
Sibling Discount: Extra sibling saves 5%.
Our USPTA-certified tennis staff offers instruction for players of all ages and skill levels in both private and group settings. We use the latest visual and kinesthetic learning aids to take your child's game to the next level. Lessons can be scheduled in-person at the Tennis Desk or by phone at (925) 463-2822 ext. 507.
Junior Tennis College (JTC)
Offered from September-May, this program is ideal for novice and experienced players who want to be fundamentally sound and who aspire toward long-term development. JTC is offered in five progressive levels based on age and skill.
QUICKSTART COPPER: ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (AGES 5-8)
Level: Beginner — One-hour clinics introduce tennis basics using larger, softer balls and lower nets. Grip, movement, and fundamental stroke production is emphasized. Fun games instill a love for the sport, showing children that it's fun to play tennis skillfully.
BRONZE: ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (AGES 8-12+)
Level: Advanced Beginner/Intermediate — Ninety-minute clinics introduce and thoroughly cover the fundamentals of footwork and stroke production for forehand, backhand, volley, overhead, and serves. Players will learn how to add speed, spin, and direction to the ball. All tennis concepts are reviewed, including scoring, sportsmanship, etiquette, and more. QuickStart is used as a component to speed up learning and develop spin and consistency.
SILVER: ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL (AGES 10-15)
Level: Intermediate/Advanced Intermediate — Ninety-minute clinics develop technique in serves, ground strokes, volleys, and overheads. Players will also be introduced to specialty shots (drop shots, angles, lobs, and scissor kick overheads) and advanced stroke production. Furthermore, participants will learn tennis strategies and tactics to know how and when to defend, neutralize, and attack the opponent.
Silver players may play in the ClubSport after school rotational program, and should play in Novice and Challenge USPTA/USTA tournaments. Students are grouped by age and ability.
GOLD: MIDDLE SCHOOL ADVANCED AND HIGH SCHOOL INTERMEDIATE (AGES 13-18)
Level: Intermediate — Ninety-minute clinics emphasize logical decision-making skills, defining a style of play, improving weaknesses, and building strengths. Building the three main types of serves is a constant focus. Continued emphasis is placed on the fundamentals of all strokes, including Etcheberry footwork drills and Spanish theory of movement.
Gold players regularly commit to tournaments and school tennis and may compete at the varsity high school level. Students are grouped by ability.
PLATINUM: HIGH SCHOOL VARSITY AND RANKED SECTIONAL/NATIONAL PLAYERS
By Invitation Only — Players at this level have advanced power, spin, and directional abilities. They can handle pace and have improved footwork and consistency. They should also possess a varied game plan with the ability to execute different tactics, styles, and game strategy. They participate in the ClubSport master training program to build strength, conditioning, and tennis movement; play in sanctioned USTA tournaments; hold a sectional NorCal or national ranking; and are committed to tennis.
Saturdays include digital video analysis and one-hour sessions with a certified trainer to work on tennis-specific strength and flexibility exercises.
JTC PLAY DAY
Open to Copper- and Bronze-level juniors ages 5-12, JTC Play Day is held weekly on Saturdays from September-May. This program is meant to help young players refine tennis skills and improve athletic skills, all while having fun and practicing good sportsmanship. It also gives kids the chance to play with other juniors and earn points and prizes. Players can register at the Tennis Desk.
JTC ROTATIONAL MATCH PLAY
Eligible juniors in the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels, or junior players who can serve and play out points, are placed into a round-robin after school league. Players play one match per week and augment that play with USPTA and USTA tournaments. We supply the balls and organize the matches. Good sportsmanship and etiquette are emphasized. Please check in at the Tennis Desk.
To sign up and for more information, visit the Tennis Desk or call (925) 463-2822 ext. 507.
USTA NORCAL TENNIS TOURNAMENTS
All tournaments involve players from Northern California. Entries open six weeks before the start of each tournament and close two weeks prior. Check with the Tennis Desk for current entry procedures. A USTA membership is required to play. Court play during these events is limited.
Jr. Challenger and Novice Tournament
Held in November, this tournament includes divisions for 12’s, 14’s, 16’s, 18’s, Boys and Girls Singles, and Novice 10’s.
WEEKLY HIGH SCHOOL DROP-IN
ClubSport Pleasanton hosts a weekly Sunday drop-in from 6:30-8:30pm for students in high school. An adult coordinator arranges match play according to skill level. It’s a great way to have fun, improve play, and mix with players from other schools in the area. Guests must show valid school photo ID and make payment upon entry at the Club Front Desk, then proceed to the Tennis Desk to check-in with the drop-in coordinator.
Tennis Member: Free
Guest: $20 | $30/rainy day